Monday 6 September 2010

i heart old kitchen scales


Part of the recent Cullen experience was going back to a simpler kitchen. Going cold turkey on my cookbook-and-kitchen-gadget addiction turned out to be fun. As well as finding out that fan-free ovens are in many ways better than fan ones, I got to play with a traditional set of kitchen scales. If you are doing the same, don't forget to perform an initial balance. To do an accurate baseline balance, you will need 5 tablets of swiss souvenir Tourist Schokolade and half a cherry tomato.

1 comment:

  1. I think the appeal of traditional kitchen scales is limited. I got some for my wedding because they reminded me of my the ones my mum used for home baking.. but years of having to faff around finding not just the scales, but also the right weights, then setting it up, after first converting from oz to grammes with the help of an old Waitrose food magazine, have taken the gloss off a bit.. plus they've gone rusty. Also in reality, my mum's baking was crap. I just got some electronic ones. Yeeha.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?