Saturday 21 August 2010

A perfectly composed breakfast. Composed by someone else

This morning, an early morning drive to Heathrow where MB (my beloved) is off to do some kind of crazy mountain climbing thing in Switzerland. So on the way back I decided to kick off my Pink Ticket week by stopping at the High Road Brasserie for an indulgent lone breakfast with the newspaper.

Can we quickly divert into a rant about the
floor at this Brasserie. It is deeply deeply groovy, the kind of cool that you resent, because others who are less cool will notice and copy it, and soon it will be prolific, and it will become overblown like leather banquettes, and it will be listed in the 'Going Down' section of the colour supplement, when all it really was was a thing of beauty. By the way I am pleased with my prolific use of Oxford Commas in that se
ntence.

Anyway I ordered a smoked salmon bagel and when it arrived it was a composition of sheer delight. Smoked salmon, creme fraiche, lemon, capers, the nice bits from the middle of a red onion and a toasted bagel. Apologies for only remembering halfway through that I was writing a food blog, but here is a photo of the plate for your enjoyment
. Yum.

2 comments:

  1. Now, Zoz, if you know about Oxford commas, should you not have inserted one after by the way?

    Sorry, once a pedant, always a pedent!

    But I do like the blog!
    Neil (McI)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those English dramas too-oo
    They're cru-ool

    (Spontaneity may have clouded my judgement. I thought this was terribly clever the first time).

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?